Caring Ministry Team
Children’s Ministry Team
Connection Ministry Team
Discipleship Ministry Team
Fellowship Ministry Team
Finance Ministry Team
Prayer Ministry Team
Transportation Ministry Team
Worship Ministry Team
Young Adult Ministry Team
Youth Ministry Team
- Help with general building repair and maintenance – Provide maintenance and repair of general handyperson items around church building. Some areas might require a license or certification in the field.
- Help maintain landscaping and gardens (Seasonal and occasional as needed) – Assist with the upkeep of our church’s gardens and landscaping by planting, watering, weeding, trimming and mulching. Some of this work is seasonal and only requires occasional help. You choose what you would like to do.
- Provide hospitality (baking, serving) – Assist in baking, cooking or serving meals for special events.
- Prayer shawl – Knit prayer shawls to be distributed to hospitals and assisted living facilities.
- Visit sick and shut-in members – Make in home visits to shut-ins, assisted living residents or nursing home residents once a month.
- Assist with grief care – Provide grief care to those who have lost loved ones or experienced other losses in life.
- Help decorate & beautify the building – Assist with decorating the building during special seasonal events throughout the year.
- Children’s Worship (10:45 AM Service) – Lead or assist with worship for children Kindergarten thru grade 5 and/or Pre-school aged children. Prepared materials and training are provided.
- Provide care in Baby Nursery – 9:30 AM Sunday School, 10:45 AM Worship – While sharing God’s love through stories and songs provide loving adult supervision for children as their parents are attending Sunday School and worship services. Materials and training are provided.
- Teach or Assist in Sunday Discipleship Classes (9:30 AM) – Using provided resources prepare and teach or assist with an age specific group of children. Materials and training are provided.
- Teach or Assist with Wednesday Night Live – Prepare and lead or assist with a Bible study for preschool age children or children in grades K – 5 from 6:45 to 8:00 PM each Wednesday during the school year. Materials and training are provided.
- Substitute Teacher – Teach Sunday School or Wednesday Night Live when regular teacher is absent. Materials will be provided.
- Work with Children’s Choir – Lead or assist children in learning music to share in worship and for children’s musical events.
- Serve on Children’s Ministry Team – Work with the Children’s Director to plan and implement the children’s ministry at First United Methodist Church. Meetings are held quarterly or as needed.
- Usher – Assist on a rotating basis with ushering during the traditional or contemporary service.
- Greeter – Assist on a rotating basis with greeting during the traditional or contemporary service.
- Sidewalk greeter – Assist on a rotating basis greeting people on the sidewalks at entrances to the church.
- Connection Point (Welcome center) – Assist on a rotating basis the welcoming of guests, answering questions and distributing of materials at the Connection Point information centers.
- Contact guests who attend worship services – Visit recent guests in their homes or contact them by phone or email and provide them with additional church information.
- Assist with publicity of events – Assist in providing information to radio, print and/or television outlets, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Website editor – Maintain content on specific areas of church website so that it is current and accurate. Some training in WordPress will be provided.
- Adult Discipleship Teacher – Pray, prepare, and teach Bible study class.(i.e. Biblically based topical study, book of the Bible, DVD series). Note: classes meet on any day/time of the week. Provide feedback to the adult discipleship coordinator.
- God Special People (GSC) Teacher/Aide – Pray, prepare, and teach Bible study class.(i.e. Biblically based topical study, book of the Bible, DVD series) for those with intellectual and physical disabilities. Note: classes meet on any day/time of the week. Provide feedback to the adult discipleship coordinator.
- Prepare & serve food at special events – At special events assist in preparing and/or serving food to our members and guests.
- Set up and clean up for special events – Provide hands-on support for events such as church-wide dinners/activities and community outreach activities that take place on church property.
- Plan and Administer church finances with others – Assist in the planning and administering of finances of the church. Periodic group meetings to review church finances and plan for the future.
- Assist with counting weekly offerings – Count weekly offerings each week after the 2nd worship service.
- Plan and participate in outreach and mission projects
- Educate and inspire people to be involved in reaching the world for Christ
- Nurture our missionaries through communications and hospitality
- Help plan outreach events – Design creative ways to connect with our community. Recruit others to help. Purchase or arrange necessary materials and publicize events as necessary.
- Participate in outreach events – Greet visitors during Wee Soccer, share a meal with a lonely senior, entertain children during Trunk or Treat.
- Participate in local mission projects – Tutor children in after-school programs or feed the homeless at Fellowship House or Neighborhood center. Set-up for Handi*Camp or assist with Hurricane Sandy relief.
- Participate on a short-term mission team – Partner with our supported missionaries, helping them reach people on the mission field.
- Communicate opportunities to be involved – Write a blurb for the bulletin or website. Make a presentation during Mission Moment at Sunday worship services.
- Educate and inspire about missions – Tell the amazing stories of what God can do in the lives of those fully yielded to Him using website, video, bulletin boards, Mission Moments, etc.
- Help organize and implement Missions Festival – Arrange housing, meals and opportunities for missionaries to interact with congregants.
- Provide housing for visiting missionaries – Open your home to a missionary and be blessed.
- Nurture missionaries – Correspond with our supported missionaries on the field. Lift them up in prayer so as to encourage them and in turn encourage you.
- Member of prayer team – Be a member of a team that prays for specific needs and events throughout the year.
- Help with prayer email ministry – Assist in providing prayer email support to those in need.
- Conduct preventive maintenance checks on church vehicles (bi-weekly) – Check church vehicles to ensure they are in proper working order. This would include all liquid levels, tires, wipers, etc.
- Play an instrument – Do you play an instrument? Opportunities to be involved include the praise team, musical ensembles and special music for special occasions.
- Participate in drama (act, direct, etc.) – For people interested in directing, acting or writing plays or skits for worship services or special events.
- Operate sound & lighting – Directly supports the production of sound for those who are speaking and/or singing as well as musical instruments. Training will be provided.
- Program and operate laptop – Prepare and present PowerPoint presentations. Training will be provided.
- Lead/assist with activities and events – Join this exciting ministry by organizing volleyball, small groups, coffee houses and other special events.
- Adopt a college kid – Assist with our college kids who go away each year by helping them connect with families, couples or individuals who will commit to pray for them, contact them and send letters/care packages just to remind them they are loved and still have a place here.
- Join Sunday morning teaching rotation – Be part of a rotating team of people to lead our Sunday morning discussions. Topics are connected to our worship services.
- Join Sunday or Wednesday night leadership team – There are lots of ways to get involved. We will help you discover how you can best use your gifts to connect with teenagers and help them connect with God by leading discussions, teaching, counseling, games and activities and more!
- Assist with activities – Connect with young people by helping to chaperone, drive, cook or set up for special outreaches and events on a “every-so-often” basis.