Online Giving and 2017 Budgets
What it is
Online Giving is an easy, consistent way to donate to our church. It eliminates writing checks and using the church envelope system. It permits donors to support the church without being physically present due to weather, travel, illness, second homes, sick kids, etc. It is convenient for the donor and very useful to the Church because income is received consistently. When the church is closed due to bad weather, the offerings received through Online Giving are very helpful in meeting our payroll, supporting our missionaries, and paying our bills.
Donors sign up at the church website http://fumccollingswood.org/
. Touch or click the “DONATE” button and complete the form. This method may be used for Checking or Savings (EFT), Credit or Debit cards (MasterCard, Discover, and VISA).
Frequency of donations
Donors may choose weekly, semi-monthly, monthly, or one-time. Donors may also select weekly for some funds and monthly (or whatever) for other funds by registering each donation plan separately.
Church Fund Designations and Budgets
- Local Ministries/Missions – 90% of these donations go to Local Ministries/Operations and 10% to Missions.
- Local Ministries/Operations – All ministries of the church depend on this fund which pays for our staff, our buildings, our operating costs, Conference Shared Ministries, worship expenses, some costs of ministries to children and youth, etc. 100% goes to Local Ministries. Our 2017 Local Ministries budget is $442,000.
- Missions – Missions primarily supports mission organizations founded by our church and missionaries from our church. Our 2017 Missions budget is $104,300.
- World Service – Methodist missionaries both in the USA and around the world are supported by this denominational fund.
- Sunday School/Discipleship – Expenses for various children’s and youth programs such as teaching materials, children’s supplies, and Jr. High and Sr. High youth activities and retreats are paid by Discipleship. Donations here supplement Sunday School offerings. This budget is $17,000 for 2017.
- Communion – Monthly offering for various charitable needs as announced.
- Local Benevolence Fund – Helps meet specific needs of members/friends of the church as determined by church staff.
- Vacation Bible School – This early Summer program is an excellent ministry/outreach to both church and neighborhood children. It is well staffed and well attended.
- Other Donations – This line is for any ministry or project not listed such as “Collingswood Manor” or “Sandy Relief”. The Donor designates the recipient.
- Seasonal – During the year we make available seasonal funds such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, Staff Gift, Easter, etc.
Vanco Services, LLC, is the endorsed servicer of The United Methodist Church and has been since 2002. 1,500 UM churches use Vanco. Our experience with Vanco is excellent.
In the five years we have offered this giving option, 64 donors have signed on. Donations in 2016 increased to $191,600. Contact Stan Sheaffer (856) 858-3486 or email@example.com
with any questions.