Part 1 – Where God’s Blessings Begins…Matthew chapter 5 – Sermon on the Mount/Beatitudes
February 12 – “Mourn To Be Happy” – Matthew 5:4
February 19 – “Humbled To Be Exalted” – Matthew 5:5
February 26 – “Empty to be Filled” – Matthew 5:6
- Sunday, February 12 – Discover First United Methodist Church (FUMC)
- 9:40 am – for 45 minutes in Room 206 (right next to the church office).
- You may be a first time visitor/guest, a regular visitor/guest, or just have questions about what FUMC of Collingswood is all about. Maybe you’ve been away from church for a while, or never been involved in church, or are curious about this particular church. You may have questions about what we believe about God, salvation, the Bible, and the Christian life. This one time discovery session is planned for you.
- There are planned programs for children and youth during this session or if you are more comfortable, they may remain with you.
- We would love to have a conversation with you. Several church leaders will meet with you during this 45 minutes.
- Wednesdays Nights in February – Wednesday Night Live
Dinner, fellowship, Bible studies, and activities for all age groups. more info…
- Saturdays in February – Wee Soccer
Indoor soccer for children in Kindergarten thru 3rd grade. more info…
- Friday, February 24 – Open Mic Night at the Grace Cafe
- We welcome all performers to share their love of music, poetry, comedy, etc. All genres are welcomed! There is a PA system, stage lighting, amps, keyboards, drum kit and a large stage area to enhance your performance. more info…
- Entrance on Dayton Ave, midway between Park & Stokes Aves.
- 6:30 pm – sign-up
- 7:00 to 10:00 pm – entertainment
- Coffee & assorted food items will be served. If you like to bring a tasty treat to share, that would be great! Bring your entire family!
- For more info, contact John Vernon at 856-745-1032
- Sunday February 26 through March 5 – Seeking God’s Face Week
We are putting aside this week for a special time of prayer, meditation and fasting to God so we might know God’s mind intimately, know His will for our lives and our church, and for the future. We’ll seek Him through…
- Daily prayer – challenging each to devote 30 minutes a day to prayer for God’s will.
- March 1 – Holy Wednesday evening prayer – meet in the sanctuary from 6:00 – 7:00 pm to pray.
- March 3 & 4 – Friday through Saturday for 24 hours of prayer (sign up in the church office)
- Wednesday, March 8 – concert by the Grove City College Touring Choir
7:00 pm – A free evening of choral music at our church. more info…
- Friday, March 17 – Faith and Family Night at the Philadelphia 76ers
7:00 pm – American Gospel music singer-songwriter Marvin Sapp will give a concert following the basketball game vs. the Dallas Mavericks.